The Woodstock Fire Department is a composite Fire Department that consists of Full Time Fire Chief & Four Full Time Dispatchers and Pump Operators, along with twenty-Three volunteers in which has a Deputy Chief, Safety Officer, two Captains and a Lieutenant.
The Ladies Auxiliary of the Woodstock Fire Department was formed many years ago and was one of the first in the province. (Exact Date being researched)
The Ladies Auxiliary consists of spouses and family members of past and present members of the Woodstock Fire Department.
The Ladies Auxiliary help the Firefighters purchase needed supplies and equipment for the Fire Department, as well as assist the Firefighters when needed.
The Auxiliary hosts social events for the Fire Department such as; Christmas Family Dinners, Dance’s, and barbeques for our Firefighters, Past Members and Spouses.
The hard work and dedication from the Auxiliary is greatly appreciated for what they do for the Woodstock Fire Department.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Woodstock Fire Department, you can obtain an application form from the Fire Chief or the fire hall. Admission of candidates into the Department is decided by the membership at the regular monthly meeting of the Woodstock Fire Department. If accepted, you must complete a probationary period of six months. To be considered as an acceptable candidate for the Woodstock Fire Department, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of the area served by the Woodstock Fire Department with in 10 km
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be in possession of a valid class 5 or better driver’s license
- Has successfully complete at least grade 12, or equivalent
- Have a reliable means of transportation
- Be in acceptable physical condition
- Be willing and able to carry out the duties of a member of the Woodstock Fire Department which includes responding to emergency calls, attending regular and special meetings, and participating in training, fundraising, and other events.