Youth Program Facilitator
Nature of Position:
To help plan and facilitate programs to provide a safe atmosphere and a diversified learning experience for children ages 5-12 to enhance their enjoyment of Summer. Oversee and/or organize programs and special events as deemed necessary by the Day Camp Coordinator, Recreation Program Coordinator and/or Recreation Director.
Relationship in Department:
The Day Camp Leader will be directly responsible to the Recreation Program Coordinator and the Recreation Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Guide, help and encourage participation.
· Supervise and actively participate in all Day Camp activities.
· Show appropriate safety supervision.
· Be prepared and organized for all activities.
· Keep parents informed of their children’s activities.
· Be positive at all times.
· Keep participants busy at all times.
· Maintain the Day Camp area in a clean and orderly manner.
· Plan and supervise all special events for participants.
· Perform specific duties as assigned on special event days.
· Make sure participants are on time for swimming, and tennis lessons or any scheduled summer lessons.
· Maintain attendance records and to submit weekly reports to the Program Coordinator.
· Render routine first aid and write Accident Reports on all injuries.
· Request materials and equipment necessary for all programs and activities.
· Conform to designated working hours as indicated.
· Perform all other duties deemed necessary by the Program Coordinator and/or Recreation Director.
· Provide minimum 2 hrs a week volunteer hours to the Woodstock Recreation Department.
· Participant in the Summer Orientation Provided by the Woodstock Recreation Department.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
Must enjoy working with children.
Must be energetic and have a positive attitude.
Hours of Work:
This is a 35-40-hour per week position.
Due to the nature of the position, a flexible work schedule will be required that will involve evenings, weekends and holidays.
All Summer Staff are required to attend the following training sessions:
Active Kids Toolkits - Date: tbd
Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) - Date: tbd
All Summer Staff will be required to work at the following events:
July 1st – Kids of Steel (7am-1pm)
Aug 1st – Joe McGuire Road Race (6am-1pm)
Aug 3rd – Street Hockey and Kids Fun Run
Date TBD – Amazing Race Event
*All students are asked to apply with the Student Employment Experience Development (SEED) Program, if eligible.
Deadline to drop-off resumes is April 10th to Jill Dunnett at the Carleton Civic Centre or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org