August 21, 2018
Due to a water main break, a boil order has been issued for the following locations:
Connell Street from Elm Street to Hartley Street
Chapel Street from Hartley Street to Gold Street
The following recommendations should be followed until the water supply is in compliance with the Health and Clean Water Acts.
Please read the following recommendations carefully:
1. Water should be brought to a boil for 1 minute.
2. Any water to be ingested (for example: brushing teeth, making ice, water used in making coffee/tea or juice, and washing raw vegetables) should be boiled.
3. People whose immune system is compromised (e.g. the elderly, infants, and people with transplanted organs, on dialysis, with HIV/Aids, etc should pay particular attention to the use of a safe source of drinking water. Water which has been properly boiled is considered a safe source.
4. It is safe for people to take showers, bathe and use swimming pools.
5. It is safe to wash dishes in hot water and soap, then air dry or use a dishwasher.
The Town of Woodstock thanks you for your cooperation in this matter and wants to ensure that water quality is very important to us.
Environmental Impact Assessment Registration (1422)